The Centre of Digital Technology and Society
Housed at Thammasat University’s School of Global Studies, CDS conducts research and facilitates dialogue on the social impact of digital technologies while supporting capacity development and innovation for an inclusive and equitable digital economy that empowers the most marginalised and vulnerable.
Our mission is to increase knowledge and understanding of the social impacts of digital technology particularly considering the perspective and realities of marginalised communities.
We envision a world in which the ethical and sustainable use of digital technology empowers the marginalised and most vulnerable to participate in an inclusive and equitable digital technology.
What We Do
- Old and emergent forms of the digital divide, and private and public sector approaches to addressing them.
- The digitalization and platformatization of local economies and the socio-economic impact of these transformations.
- Digital resilience of local communities including private enterprises, civil societies and local governments
- The development of an index on community digital resilience for monitoring capacity development and identifying communities that require action from stakeholders
- The centre develops bachelor and graduate-level courses that consider the relationship between digital technology, socio-economic change and resilience.
- It advises university institutions and high schools on the development of curricula for developing digital skills for resilience.
CAPACITY BUILDING THROUGH TRAINING
- The centre develops online and offline training programs for private enterprises, civil society and government agencies.
- Through these programs, participants learn how to effectively engage with the digital economy and develop digital resilience.
- The centre partners with intergovernmental organisations and global industry leaders to localise training programs for delivery in regional economies
Strategic Direction & Community Engagement
Finance & Research
Xuan-Ngan Ho Thi
Communication & Operations Coordination
Research & Knowledge Management
Nang Lao Wann Si
Social Media Management & Research
Sign up to our Newsletter!
The Center of Digital Technology and Society
School of Global Studies, Thammasat University
99 Moo 18 Klong Luang, Rangsit, Pathumthani 12121, Thailand