FREE VIRTUAL EVENT
07th September 2021
9:30 – 10:30 AM (BKK time)
Tech start-ups in SEA: How to impact the COVID-19 world and beyond?
The Centre of Digital Technology & Society (CDS) at Thammasat University is organising the Digital Transformation in Southeast Asia Seminar Series. The series began with one panel on the impact of COVID-19 on start-ups in Southeast Asia bring together start-up founders, investors and ecosystems from around Southeast Asia.
The second session explores how start-ups help respond to the pandemic, rebuild while creating more inclusive economies that can address the challenges of the future.
- Kanpassorn Suriyasangpetch – Founder of Ooca telemedicine
- Artak Robert Melkonyan – Global Lead, UNDP Impact Venture Accelerators
- Shuyin Tang – Partner at Patamar Capital, Co-founder/CEO at Beacon Fund
- Hoai-Tuong Nguyen – General Manager at Titops
Scholars and stakeholders in the start-up ecosystem in Southeast Asia who are interested in how start-ups can make a positive impact in the new economy.
Broad Panel Questions:
- At this critical juncture, why should tech start-ups focus on their social impact and helping create sustainable, resilient, and inclusive economies in Southeast Asia?
- What are the emergent challenges that tech start-ups are positioned to take on?
- How can stakeholders from investors, governments and inter-governmental organisations guide and support start-ups positively impact the new economy?
10:00 – 10:03
10:03 – 10:10 CDS introduction
10:10 – 10:15 Panel discussion series intro & Insights from Session 1
10:15 – 10:20 Introduction of Session 2 & Guest speakers
10:20 – 10:50 Discussion
10:50 – 11:00 Q&A
11:00 End & share the next topic “Innovation in Education and Online Learning”